B.A. Literature/Creative Writing
Emphasis in Screenwriting, Stylistics & Grammar
Studying all aspects of the written word, including short fiction, screenwriting, literary stylistics, non-fiction, and speculative fiction.
Certificate Web Intelligence
SDCCD Graphic Designest. 2015
Certificate Graphic Design
with Honors-level Web Design studies
Studying all aspect of Graphic Design Including Typography, Branding, Illustration, Information Design, Packaging Design and Website Design
My Skill Set
- Google Analytics
- JAVA SCRIPT
///Lynch Interactive, Inc.July 2010-May 2011
Project Manager & Graphic Designer
Managed business accounts, creative direction, web design, XHTML/CSS, and Search Engine Marketing consultation.
///Life Ionizer/Earthtrade/Raw PeopleMar 2009 - May 2010
Graphic/Web Designer & Copyediting
Created logos for different product lines, designed and coded landing pages, wrote copy for print, designed email marketing campaigns, wrote and published blog articles.
///Orasa Weldon DesignNov 2008 - Jan 2011
Website mockups in Photoshop, Bespoke Website Design and XHTML/CSS validated code, Wordpress Installation and Customization, Email Account Setup and Email Client Setup, Client Consultation, Logo Design, Print Design, Copywriting
///Hay House Publishing Dec 2013 - Present
Web Project Manager
Providing creative directorship and production on website projects from initial RFP to site launch.
///FreelancerAug 2008 - Sep 2012April 2013 - Dec 2013
Graphic Designer And Illustrator
Providing creative directorship and production on client projects from concept to completion. Examples include:
- Developing brand strategy and identity
- Printing collateral and logo design
- Website design and development
- User Interface design
- Email marketing solutions
- Advertising design and copy
- Website analytics and reporting
- Link-building strategies
///SprinkleBit Sep 2012 - April 2013
I make the blog awesome. I also manage a team of writers and am proud to be on the ground floor of making Sprinklebit the best place to learn from a network of peers on how to invest, play the stock market, and save for retirement wisely.
- Manage a team of freelance writers who produce blog articles related to the finance, retirement, investing, and technology fields.
- Creative direction and copywriting for developing the SprinkleBit brand and messaging
- Under my direction, and through the talents of my team of writers, co-workers and my graphic designer, our blog's average monthly traffic has almost doubled since September 2012 (outliers removed).
- Our highest monthly traffic to date was almost 15,000 monthly visitors in December 2012.
- Our best-performing content was released in December, reaching almost 10,000 unique visitors in 3 months.
///UPS Stores HeadquartersJune 2012 - Sep 2012
Communications Specialist (contract)
I worked directly with the Communications Manager and Communications Specialist Lead to redesign MBEweb to rebrand it in preparation for Mail Boxes Etc. to transition to the UPS Store brand in 2013 as part of their merger agreement from 2003. The UPS Store brand and colors had evolved over the years, and the new design had to reflect that.
- Provide usability audit review of MBE's franchisee extranet web property
- Conduct thorough content audit, and facilitate audit process between departments
- Make recommendations to Communications team for future content review processes
- Facilitate a redesign of website property to improve user experience and for website property to franchisees.
- Brought site into the present with modern CSS and graphic design standards
- Designed logo for redesigned portal, and helped develop name and concept